Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Cake of the Week: In the Buff!!


This cake provides two of my favorite trends. Icing-less cakes (though i like to say they are naked) and succulents. I'll try not to rant too much on the succulents, because they need their own post. So, let's just jump on this Naked Cake trend. I first noticed this trend when pictures from Hillary Duff's wedding emerged. Though, personally, a big icing fan, she said she really just didn't want to be all sugared out that day, and I can appreciate that! Now, as a wedding photographer, I see LOTS of cake. They are usually pristine and white. So the irregularity and rawness of this cake really appeals to me. This cake actually comes from an Austin wedding (fitting since I live in Austin), was shot by Katherine O'brien, and made by Stardust Pastry. LOVE!!!

1 comment: